The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
The Big Green

Need help with engines

I rebuilt my 67 chevys engine. Stock 350sb with Crane 454 RV cam, 650 carb, Edlebrock performer intake and headers. I went back stock so I can pull my 2001 dakota drag truck to the races and car/truck shows in the spring/summer season. I have 4.11 gears and will have a 700r4 soon. I'm trading a buddy my 2speed powerglide for his built up 700r4. It was in his race car that he drove, turns 7 flat, 400 shot. I think this tranny will be great for pulling and should drop my rpm's so my gas mileage should be ok with my 4.11's not to mention I can pull my truck.

Here's something I came across.

Selling the 5.3 I was going to put in the Jeep. Its a 03 model with 19k on it, longblock with intake/fuel rails/injectors, oil pan, wiring harness and computer, coil packs, and throttle body. Its missing the accessory drive and crank pulley up front. In great shape, looking for $950.

Would I be better off getting this, I am working on a 49 chevy p/k also, so I could use another engine. Would this be a good deal, and how much money or parts would I need to finish if its a ok deal. Its hard buying engines from someone. I know I need a tranny but what else.
The Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote