The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Update on selling my Blazer and latest weird ideas of mine

My and the wife got to talking about money this weekend, like many families I am sure are doing across the county. I had posted earlier about possibly selling the Blazer due to my job getting cut back and other bills. Anyway, she said that she really does not want me to sell the Blazer unless we really HAVE to. Her thoughts were that we bought it as family project so we could all go to car shows together. Also, she mentioned how long and hard I looked for a Blazer including some trips into Washington that she went with me. The kicker though, is the fact that it is my old Blazer and I will never have a chance to get it back if I sell it. So who am I to argue when a woman is thinking like that. (No offense gals)

Now for the weird ideas. I have really be looking into converting the Blazer to run propane. The upside is that it will be easier to install than the EFI set up that I have and it does not rot if it sits like gas. Also, it is about 25 cheaper then gas to run. The other thing I am looking into is going with a NV4500 for the trans. The clutch pedal is still hanging from when it I had it the first time, and I kind of would like to see it go back to being a stick for some reason. The whole package would get rid of any computers and be reliable for when I wanted to drive it. I am still in the research stage, but I would appreciate any input on my latest madness.
Turbo 350
NP-205
454 BB (for now)
MORE TO COME !!!!!! Now going to 2WD!!!!!

Sold.

I got it back after 22 years and did not even know it !!!
THE STORY HERE

Project Low Down Dirty Rat
ABLAZN is offline   Reply With Quote