The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Camper Power

best and worst drive of my life

if u want u can skip 2 the story go to paragraph 3

who thought picking up a BBQ from home depot could be so stressful, and entertaining at the same time. starting in the parking lot, first i had to fight the compression to with a wrench on the alternator and the other hand on the belt turning the engine, u let ur brother try 2 fire up the engine and he distroys the ring gear doing it (this happened a while back). when i get the engine in position the engine didnt start unless i floored it, next i was waiting to turn left, started rolling then the engine died, had to get out and turn the engine again in the middle of a major intersection, got it cranking, floored it, got it started. now i had to figure out how drive with 2 feet while switching from drive to neutral to avoid hitting the big rig in front of me that was turning left. while doing it i got confused and the engine died. got out to turn the engine on a major truck route, got it going and started to figure it out. got a good distance but every time i had to get going from a stand still i spun the tires and the truck was stopping hard wen i hit the brake cause my left foot is used to a clutch and an old ford. trust me, i got the "that poor truck, the guy cant drive" look from other drivers. then wen i pull up to a stop light ther wer cops doing radar at the corner, and wer looking at me while i tried to get the rpm to wer it wouldnt squel the tires. but i made it home.

so it has drastically droped the idle befor but a quick tune up made it run normally again, so ther is somthing wrong somwere, the carb is fine cause the adjustments were still the same (took pics), my dad thinks its a vacume leak, but all the methods didnt help. any suggestions on what else would cause this, fuel filter is good, thats the only other thing i can think of. also any other vacume leak finding techniqes out ther, i tried water around the manifold, and retorquing the carb, il torque the manifold tom, if that fails its resorting to replacing the gaskets.

1970 Chevy C20 daily driver
1975 GMC Jimmy 4x4 project
1966 GMC C10 Dad's project
Camper Power is offline   Reply With Quote