The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2008, 01:43 AM   #18
BigJackDaddy

Re: Cuttin' a Turret Top

Mr. Potato Head: How did I get stuck with you as a moving buddy?
Rex: Everyone else was picked.
- Toy Story 1995

It probably doesn't look too different from a lot of the previous posts other than paint on the front end, but there's a lot of things getting done that nobody will ever notice.

For instance, if you look at the front of the truck in the previous posts, you'll notice an ugly cut-out on each side of the radiator. Evidently one of the previous owners were unable to get to the top of the front body mounting bolts and had a torch that was a little too handy.

With the grill in place, these holes were mostly hidden from plain view, but the cuts went through the front sheet metal <em>and</em> the radiator support. Now's the time to fix it:

This pic is as I started to fix it and the next one one shows the completed patches.

Each front fender also had a good size hole rotted out in the rear from the drain holes being plugged for too many years. No big deal, I know. But progress isn't slowing. It's just somewhat more detailed.

FWIW, as you look at the pics, know that the pieces are fully attached. No more mock-up with a bolt here and there.

Progress continues.

Last edited by BigJackDaddy; 01-12-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: UPdate Image URL after Moving
BigJackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote