The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Truck is home; plan is changed...

I mentioned a few weeks ago that the guy doing my truck has lymphoma and asked for comments and thoughts. Thanks.

I brought the truck home yesterday, just the cab/chassis/drivetrain. I asked how they felt about what I was going to do and how William (the body guy) felt about it. They had not told him I was taking the truck. I asked if it would be depressing (okay, more depressing) if I did and offered to leave the rest of it there for them and him to work on. They assured me that it will be a family project because William really wants to do my truck. I have nothing to lose in that situation and feeling that I may help his rehabilitation/recovery is a good feeling.

Anyway, I'm gonna pull the engine/tranny and have the cab repaired...wiper motor mounting and firewall-to-cowl flange. It still drives good, but kinda weird without any front cap. Good thing it was a short (2-mile) drive, huh? It still rides better than my '96 GMC. Gotta be the coils vs. leaf spring rear.

I think I'll have the cab/chassis soda-blasted after the repairs have been made. That'll help and will save some money over the hand-sanding that will have to be done by someone if I don't. Time is money, right? Three layers of paint/primer take a lot of time and doing it right is important to me. Am I being too anal in this?

Yeah, it's hot. But the project is hopefully moving forward and William is going to make it. With his oncologist saying he's at stage 3+, it don't look good for him. Miracles happen, though.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote