The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #27
70rs/ss

Re: Waking up my 350 SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDude View Post
Hey 70...did you read that when the heads were pulled off and that the low compression dished pistons were found and I then bought a brand new rebuilt 3970010 short block lower...w/ new SRP flat top pistons, a forged crank, h beam rods...all the trick stuff from Smith Racing???????? So....the bottom isn't UNKNOWN!!!! And you said I "asked"??? I.... never asked what people thought...I just posted what I was doing. Opinions came flying in like homing pidgions.

Yes TKO 600 is going in the BBC truck. Get that back better buddy!!!! Split bumper 70 rs/ss Camaro????
Yeah, that's why I went back and added the second post, sorry. I read cdowns' response and your's to his and I hit respond without reading the whole thing (thread), so I got ahead of myself and didn't see all of the other info you posted after, again I am sorry for that. I was thinking through the build in my mind and what could/might happen, that is why I stated the stuff about the unknown short block. I was also off on the asking part, I just figured putting it out there was "asking" for opinions? I am with you, I keep most of my mechanical (motors/tuning, etc) to myself since some cannot contain their attitudes. It happens a lot on the engine drivetrain forum, try to help someone and some know it all comes along and has to discredit your thoughts in order to prove his know-it-all status. I am sorry for any confusion or bad feelings I may have caused with my comments. I for one appreciate you taking the time to show us what you've done as we can all learn something from it. All in all this is a great learning lesson for a guy wanting to bolt on perf stuff to a unknown SBC, I have learned this very lesson by doing what you did, maybe this will help a guy to see he needs to know what he has before moving on. I as you did, ended up with another motor, which I think for both of us was OK cause we want/wanted the power increase and also know that sometimes you have to spend $$$ to get it.

Kuddos to you for putting yourself (motor builds, truck builds, etc, etc) out there for us to see, and I appolagize if my or other members' comment's have made you wish you hadn't?

On the other, yeah, split bumper 70 (70 1/2 if you will) RS/SS Camaro. Can't wait to see more picts of the overkill, I think you'll be happy with the TKO, everything I have read on it says it is a great trans as well as having several conversations with the guys at Kiesler and classic five speed. I have no doubt it'll work for me, as they have a kit for my application, and in your truck you'll be able to buy the trans and a few other pieces and save some $$$ as the truck will accept it without a lot of specialty parts as in my case. Good luck and keep up the good fight, and don't let the negatives get to ya.

Mike