The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Exclamation Rare OEM 15" X 8" Steel Rims (5 of them)

Decided to sell the rims that I looked high and low for. These rims are fairly rare and have gotten harder and harder to find. They were available for a short time during 68-70, then they were used on military Blazers through the mid eighties. They have nubs on the outside of the ring, so factory caps would work perfectly. There is absolutely no curb rash, they are straight, and run true.

These are factory Chevrolet truck rims, 8" wide, 4.00" backspaced, 6 lug. They were blasted clean, then powdercoated white. However, the area where the rim meets the inner wheel, bubbled. So you will need to get them blasted clean again to remove this imperfection. I was quoted $25 per wheel to have the faces blasted cleaned, so I could then simply have them painted. But I decided to go with a 15 x 7 wheel so I can tuck them when the bags go on this winter!

I am selling all (5) five of them for $475 shipped. Yes shipped! They will be coming from zip code 66106, via UPS Ground.

I will attach as many pics as I have of them.

8" wide:

4" backspaced:

view on truck, showing no problems with backspacing:

4 rims here because the other was in the basement, but you will receive (5) five:

one more on my truck:

a pic of the bubbling. it is on all rims, so they will need cleaned and either repowdercoated or painted:

pm me with any questions!!!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by tcb-1; 07-29-2008 at 07:25 PM.
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote