The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
blazer72
Freedom isn't Free

where does this wire go???

I need help fellas, where the heck does this huge pink wire go? My wiring diagram says it connects to the IDLE STOP SOLENOID, but where and what is that??? This burb is a wiring nightmare, and the problem started when I had it running, went to turn it off, and it wouln't shut off - so, to kill it, I pulled the PINK wire in the fuse block (ignition).

Now, the burb will turn over in the accessory and first position clockwise on the ignition. The starter stays engaged also. I've pulled my hair out, along with swapped ignition switch, starter, and put all the wiring back to the diagram configuration with the exception of this bundle with the pink wire.

The first picture is where the bundle comes out of the firewall. It's the bundle in the one o'clock position to the fuse block. Inside firewall all the wires connect to a relay, with the pink connecting to the "ignition" connection in the fuse block.

The second picture is what's left of the connection side of the bundle. I believe the other wires go to the TCS solenoid on the carb - but I've been wrong before.

PLEASE HELP!
Attached Images

Last edited by blazer72; 07-29-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: missing pictures.
blazer72 is offline   Reply With Quote