The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2008, 07:19 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: deer gets another one

Man,you`re going through some bad times.I hated seeing this after knowing what you`ve done with that truck "and" knowing that you are going through a divorce.
I hate all the hindsight that comes out of the woodwork after a thing like this.The truth is you really can`t say what you would do without being in that moment.The fact is,I`m sure you don`t need to hear about what you should have done.
That roof is more than a skin job.It would take stipping the skins,straightening the frame,then reskinning...way too much work.I know you aren`t ready to let go of all that work you recently did on that cab.The simple solution would be another cab.But,I`d look at cutting another top off a donor cab with rotted bottom/solid top.You would cut the windshield posts and either splice in the back or go with the whole back panel attached to the top.Of course,you`d have rusted cab corners to deal with again.If those are solid on the donor I`d consider just using that cab.
You`ll figure a way in time.Just get all healed up and don`t let it get to you too much.It definately sucks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote