The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
garold99

Rear Brakes question

Drum brakes. I posted a while back about my rear end making a noise when moving forwards. Sounded like rubbing/grinding sort of. Well my truck feels like the emergency brake is on all the time. When you let off the gas it starts to slow faster than normal, and when you go to take off its like the truck has to work extra for it to move.

Anyhow, before this happened I let my bro in law put new brakes on for me because they was needing some extra cash. So while I was at it I had new drums put on also.

Now back to the brakes. I just put the truck up on the jacks and stuck it in neutral. The passanger side tire turns freely, but the drivers side feels like someone is holding the brakes down. I can move it, but its very hard to move. Shouldn't both tires move freely with the truck in neutral?

Im fixing to pull the tires off now and look at it, but just wanted to post this first. Also I plan no taking pictures to post and see if maybe he put the driver side brake together wrong. Maybe he just tightend them too much?
garold99 is offline   Reply With Quote