The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
gn4u2c2
Account Suspended

Panel truck that Did not want to leave home.

This was one of those long story deals.. You know the ones oh sure it will be easy just ride over and roll it up on the trailer and take it home .... NOT. I would have turned around as soon as I laid eyes on her. at the bottom of a step hill in the woods about 5 feet from a stream and been there untouched since 1985 ! But atlas I had already driven 45 min to get it so I went for it. after 2 hours of digging out so I could jack it up enough to get the frame out of the dirt and block the tires up some so I could winch it on the trailer ( frame bent and crushed the first 3-4 places I tried. Then we had the Snake den under it. Then we had th rusted apart steering shaft and all 4 wheels locked tight so I had to jack it up and back the trailer under it and winch and it was a mess!! the frame broke i half on the passenger side and the one trailing arm broke off the rear and that made for **** trying to load it but we got it on.Now the last problem up a steep hill that is slimy mud with a trailer !! good thing I have a heavy diesel, 4x4,mud terrains and a locker otherwise I would have been done it took me 6 runs at the hill to make it up backing all the way down into a stream to make it !!! It was utterly the last try before I unloaded it and gave up. Once out on the road I thought I was going to jail !! one headlight fell out going up the road, and all kinds of dirt was coming out from under it. I even had a snake roll off the trailer at the first stop sign !! I just had to laugh. Anyway here are some pics for you guys to enjoy. I was so rotten I took it straight to the junker. the seat mounts rusted thought the floor and the springs were on the floor and t was about as strong as wet paper towels.
Attached Images

Last edited by gn4u2c2; 08-03-2008 at 09:56 PM.
gn4u2c2 is offline   Reply With Quote