The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Geno H

Glad to be here & Thank you!

I traded for a 71 GMC Longbed 350 V8 automatic trans on Saturday AUG 2.
I found this forum while searching for electrical help for the lighting. While waiting to get my posting privelidges I searched all posts on electrical troubleshooting on this site. I must say there is ALOT of priceless info on this site. That is where the THANK YOU comes in. I had no marker lights,brake lights, the tail lights came on when the brake was depressed. I removed the entire rear harness & light housings and began to remove years of added trailer wiring. Cleaned all ground contacts & added the bed to frame ground strap. Everything worked except no brake lights. I checked everything that I could read to check in the searched posts. I then decided the only thing I hadnt looked at real good was the moon connector. I pulled it down to put an eyeball on it and sure enough on the side where the b/w wire is it had at some time been hot enough to melt. I ran a jumper from one side of the connector b/w wire to the other side and BINGO brake lights. To all who answer peoples problems Thanks a million it helped me straighten ALL the lighting out including the Cargo lamp on the rear of the cab. Now its all body work...So I will be asking alot more questions and searching all of the posts before I ask. I AM SO GLAD TO BE HERE!
Geno H is offline   Reply With Quote