The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
sam's 72

wireing in new alternator!

Ok, I thought I would just go on ahead and start a new post so that I can try and keep the confussion down.
I bought a new alternator. It is internal regulated, and is a power master , 140 amps.
This is where I am at.
I bought a new connector, flat with a white and red wire comming out of it, this is the one that plugs into the alternator.
OK I have the red wire from the flat connector hooked to the blue wire from the horness, at the other end of the blue wire I have it hooked to the red wire that is comming from wireing horness.
( I believe this would be the same instead of jumping the pulg connector ....old one for external regulator )

white wire from new flat connector, is hooked to the brown wire,
( the one that goes into the plug for old external regulator )

I ran a brand new wire, from the back of the new alternator, over to the j block that is by the battery, then a new wire from j block to battery, I left the old wire hooked up to the j block, it just ties into the wireing horness on driver side,
Now the problem is, that when I have the truck started up, and turn on the lights and ac, the amp meter just falls all the way over to the left (D...SIDE) What do I have wrong? I done striped out the old horness, the old external regulator.
Sam