The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

New 15" steelies and rubber

well, got everthing in and finalized. bought the rims 15" x 7" rims from Rally America for $65 a piece (bare metal). speaking of which, these wheels were welded up the same day I called and shipped the next! talk about good customer service! thanks Jimmy! had them painted a dark rallye gray. found some close out 225/60/15 Falkens on sale, so pulled the trigger on 5 of them, since I have the side mount spare. they are a bit shorter than I wanted, but I'm going with bags eventually, and I think it will look good aired out. I'm heading to the wheel shop tomorrow and picking up a set of 1.25" spacers for the back, since the disc brake rotors up front pushed the rims out a bit. got to adjust my ECE trac bar a bit as well.

I wanted to go 7" wide rims because 1. I can now see out of my side view mirror! and 2. the rim/tire combo will tuck a bit better with bags imho. I had 8" rims and 275/60/15 before, so this is a big change. I know a lot of you like the taller tire and wider rims look, but with the direction I'm going in, I decided to go on a diet. (the first I was ever successful at, mind you)

soooo, I still have rear spacers to get then I am going with a simple '52 Chevy sedan hubcap, but here's where were at this morning.

and

and the caps I'm going with

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote