The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

Lifting my 68 Suburban Help me choose which way to go

Well I think its time I get off my ass and actually start working on this thing.

Its a 68 GMC Suburban 1500 4x4 that will be used for the occasional driver mostly on weekends, going out of town, hauling toys (quads) so I will probably do some light offroading in the dunes occasionaly but I am NOT going to wheel this thing hard (I know everyone says that)

I am either going to go with custom 4" front lift springs as its a 68 and a 4" shackle flip or the b52 kit which uses stock 52" rear springs for 4" of lift in the front. and a shackle flip.

B52 PRos:
PRICE! The kit is about 250 bucks and I already have some stock rear springs I could use. The custom front springs are at least 600 dollars

Ride: I imagine the longer springs with less arch will ride better.

Better offroading

Downsides I see are its a fairly rare and clean orignal truck so resell will go down by hacking off spring perches, but than again i am hacking the rear shackles off so whats the difference?

The B52 lift is a lot more extensive but nothg I can't still do fairly easily myself.

So, has anyone used the b52 kit and think it would be good for my application?

Drivetrain is 327/4speed/rockwell t case. dana 44 open knuckle 3/4 front and 14bolt ff rear are going in at the same time.

THANKS
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote