The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2001, 10:20 PM   #1
Silverado6.6

Unhappy Why isn't my truck starting?!?!!

Hey guys, I hope I can get a quick reply on here....anyways, some of you may know that I've pulled out my tired 400 and dropped in a warmed up 355 in it's place....anyways, it's in, hooked up, bolted up, ready to go....other than, it won't start, it doesn't fire or turn over at all...I've got power to the dash, the seat belt buzzer works, my guages work, my radio works, but something isn't right w/ the starter....I've tried starting it in all the gears, and neutral and park, still nothing, someone said it may be the neutral safety switch....is this possible?? I ended up pulling out the tranny as well, but I don't recall any other wires asside from my kick down being attached to it....this is frustrating! I haven't been able to drive it for two months! and now that everything is ready, something probably minor is holding me up! damn it!!!! I hope someone may have a clue, thanks!
80 K20
76 C10
69 C20
68 C10 4 sale
51 3600
Silverado6.6 is offline   Reply With Quote