The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
longorange68

GM Rallye Wheel Question and pic request

Hey,

Looking to spruce up my wheels, have been running the 4WD rallyes for quite a bit. Since I used to have no money and kind of relied on used tires for my rig, the beauty trim rings have done a number on the painted surface of the wheels. See the first link for a pic of this type of wheel.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/light_truck_wheels.htm

The wheels I have are 6 lugs and are the 4th picture down.

I am looking to take these wheels down to bare metal and either powdercoating or painting them a darker metallic shade of gunmetal grey. Either I am really stupid or just a glutton for punishment, but I put in a drop kit and kicked down the extra $100 for Early Classic to run the 6 lug front discs. Seems like the aftermarket is pretty much tailored for the 5 lug wheels and I am up a creek. I really like the fat whitewall look, but am not really into the full blown rat rod type flat black paintjob. What I want to do is keep things simple and run some sort of "spider cap" over the 6 lugnuts. In my opinion less is more, especially with wheels...

Here is an example of a spider cap.
http://www.hubcapmike.com/spider-c8056.html

Does anyone know of someone who makes these for us 6 lug folks, or am I still up that creek?

I was hoping to not have to do the poor man's spider caps with the bullet and the specially tipped lugs, but is that the only option I have open to me?

PS--Anyone have any photos of a truck rallye with an other than stock color? Would like to see what it would look like in a color other than light silver.

Thanks.

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience, well......that comes from bad judgment.

1968 Chevy C-10 "Longshot": Bought used from my Uncle George in 1994 and proceeding to beat the hell out of it for 4 years. Sold it. Bought it back, dumped an ungodly amount of money into it since then.
longorange68 is offline   Reply With Quote