The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
deweychop

I call it THE BONDO QUEEN

This will be my build thread. Not sure how long this will take. I've never done a build that needs this much work, but if it turns out to be anything like the vision, I have in my head, it should turn out pretty nice. This will be a "kinda" daily driver. My true daily driver is my Suzuki Bandit 1200, but when I need a vehicle, this will be it.

I'm calling her the Bondo Queen, because someone has put about 50 pounds of mud on it. The entire bed except for 1 fender is garbage. The body has problems in its typical areas, cab corners, door bottoms. My top has me concerned. There will be some tricky (for me) sheetmetal work needed on the drivers side rain gutter and around the windshield inside the cab. The hood needs to go, but my front fenders look solid. The motor is VERY strong, though I'll rebuild it along with the tranny. The frame looks good. I'm not sure where the rear axle came from but it only has 1 shock and the other shock mount on the axle housing will never match up. The interior is pretty much toast.

The first thing I'm addressing, after getting rid of the bed, is to fix a tranny leak. as you can tell by the pics, my garage is small and she needs to come in and out until it's time to address motor/tranny.