The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
56hotrodred

after soda blasting

Well I ran out of baking soda after blasting off about 10 bags over 3 or so days and cleaning numerous parts including all the front end pieces the inner fenders, tailgate, rad support, firewall and all the cab except the roof (outside & inside). Quit a job especially around the windshield lip - inside and out. I still have to take the big back window out and do that and the top.

I really like the way it turned out. Only rust so far is the cab corners and a little bit around the bottom hinge area.

I figure another 5 or so bags and a good day to finish the entire cab, my extra grille and a couple of other smaller pieces.

In looking at the inside of the cab I was wondering what you all are doing with the numerous overlapping seams such as the ones between the door pillars and the inside of the roof. They look too big to merely fill with bondo so do you weld and grind them smooth, leave them or what? They sure would look good all smooth.

I will try to get some pictures now that I have cleaned most of the mess up. It was way too dusty to even think about pulling out my digital camera.

I have spent some time looking at truck interiors on the forum and in magazines and they look pretty smooth.

Thanks in advance.

56hotrodred
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote