The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Not another build thread! Progress on my '67

Didn't realize there was new posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
I just read this entire thread start to finish. Well, I'll be doing a lot more to my bros truck because of your inspiration. You have a beautiful truck. Good job!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutNova View Post
that will look sweet with the new bed, i men i like steppers but fleets just look SOOOO much cleaner
That's how I feel! I feel kinda bad pulling the stepside bed, but the fleet does make for a much cleaner looking truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJohn6 View Post
I've been sittin here on the couch reading this entire thread, and I have to say your truck rocks man.

Great job...

Adam
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronkj1967 View Post
Read the thread start to finish, nice driver, lots of work. I can't believe you kept a woman thru the build. My wife is happy to see my project finished, she calls it the orange monster. Awesome job - hope to see a frame restore in the future.
Yeah, she's a keeper. Gettin' hitched in a few weeks! She used to hate it, now it's "pretty." She also fully understands that (other than her) it's what makes me "happy." I also drive a 00 silverado and 99 s-10 to "save money." No car payments = more money to spend on toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Rover View Post
waaait. you just bought a fleetside bed. but you have a step side truck... Whats your plans?!
Swap beds

The nice thing about my truck already being done is that I can finally take my time! I'll be the first to admit my truck is a real nice 10 footer. It could have used a couple more coats of primer, and believe it or not, the truck was never block sanded, didn't have the time!

This time I plan on getting the fleet bed 100% redone (minus paint, so the colors match) before I start on reworking the rest of the truck again. That means all metalwork (it needs a good bit), all body work, blocking and priming. Probably a good year or two away. I'm in no hurry.

I also have the original doors from the truck (contrary to what I said earlier in the thread, the tri plus doors suck. The fenders are worth the money, but unless they've made the doors thicker they're nowhere near as good as factory doors.) I plan on repairing and reinstalling my factory doors.

I also want to get a new hood. Mine is tweaked, had a large dent on the DS that is bondoed, and has a lot of "ding damage" I don't have the patience for. Decent hoods are relatively cheap.

I can get all of that stuff near perfect before I touch my "done" truck.

I also have an itch to replace the 700r4 with an nv3500...
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 09-04-2008 at 08:56 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote