The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #1
1972_K10

Hello from South Texas

Hi everyone.
I have been watching this site for over 2 years and have just recently had time to get back to my '72. My father was a bodyman at the local Chevrolet dealer here in Falfurrias and ordered this 1972 K10 Custom Deluxe in December of 1971. I have fond memories of going hunting in this truck when I was young. I started driving it to high school in 1980. It started losing power over about a week in 1985 so I took off the valve covers and noticed several rockers not rocking too well. I found 5 pushrods with the rocker ends collapsed. So I pulled the motor and had it machined .010 over and had the heads rebuilt. I got married soon after and it sat for about 3 years. I decided to take the cab and bed off to paint the frame and fix the rockers but life and 2 kids slowed my progress. It has sat there patiently waiting to be put back together for 23 years. I am now unemployed and have decided to put my spare time to good use. I have a mig welder and a decent shop area and it is now time to get moving.
Attached Images