The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Hazieview
Building Dreams out of Dimes!

My john deer blitz black truck again...

I posted my truck up a while back but I left few things out and i got some better picturs taken so here goes. New john deere blitz black paint job and body work, new polyvinyl foor with heath shield and insulation, FAILED vinlyn headlinder wrap, bucket seats, putting in repainted dash and brushed aluminum pieces now.

I have 2002 ford escape seats installed on the truck. I had to cut only one bracket off of the seat move it up about 2" and bolt it right back to the place where I removed it from. Pictures will help explain it better....

This is the piece I cut off and it stays bolted to the floor when I put the seats back in I just bolt the cut off part back to where it came from only 2" up where the self made hole is. get it?

this is as clean as I could get my floor but it wasn't too bad

Here are the products I used to ensure the insulation stayes in place. Over kill maybe a little but I was just trying some new stuff out. Oh and I used duct insulation for a heat sheild. Seemed to be the same stuff everyone else uses only a little thinner and a lot cheaper. Applies the same though so I went ahead and used it.

I attempted to rewrap my headliner with vinyl but it didn't turn out so good. I wripped off all of the old glue and cloth and used some spray adhesive I got from oriellys I think. The spray adhesive SUCKS do not buy it!!! IT DID NOT WORK! the vinyle is coming loose around the 'humps' on the headliner. All in all after I got done my headliner looked really lump because the fiber board wasn't smooth enough to cover without showing through. Worth a shot before buying one of those new highliners which is my next buy...

done... doesn't look so good up close....

Hey it's a learning curve.... I'm trying new stuff on a budget... Someone has to be the first... I think I'm doing ok... Hope you enjoyed it...

Small block 400 buy the way...
Hazieview is offline   Reply With Quote