The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
basketcase

Power Steering Line Trick

It seems like every one of these trucks I look at has different p/s lines. I ordered a new pressure line from NAPA and installed it and used one of 3 pumps I had; all with different reservoir return line tubes. None of these would point away from the frame enough to make me comfortable with the clearance. I think they were 6 cylinder or big truck pumps. So I swapped on a NOS '74 Corvette reservoir that I had that pointed straight dow. Using the hard line I had with the truck that went over the frame and curved down I connected a new piece of return hose and all was well in the clearance department.

Then I started worrying if the lines would vibrate loose on the box and turn enough to let the return line get into the pulley. I ordered a 3/8 double clamp from Summit (Earl's 167206ERL) that fit the o.d. of the lines perfectly. Once clamped on, the lines are triangulated and even if they come loose they can't move fore or aft.

Tom
Attached Images

Last edited by basketcase; 09-12-2008 at 12:34 PM.
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote