The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
brendonak

Proud New Owner!

Hey everyone,

First thanks for answering all of my questions, I've went ahead and picked up the truck, 67 long bed, 6cyl, 3spd. The truck has 82k origional miles, the previous owner bought it form a lot where the origional owner took it, only a few months ago! It runs like a top, drives straight, I love it! There are a few rust spots, but nothing abnormal.

Plans are to clean up the body, paint it cream or champagne yellow, drop in a new process a833, swap out the rear end for a ford 9" posi (3.00), drop in a super mild 327, drop it 3/5, maybe some 17" hopsters or cragars, and drive it!

I found a floor shift conversion for super cheap and changing out the engine is the last thing on my list, easiest and it runs perfect now so I have no reason to.

This summer right after graduating college I had a pretty rough time, got a DUI (culmination of bad habits), then 5 weeks later totalled my Tundra, all right before starting grad school. This truck is the second vehicle I've bought myself, but the first on my own! I'm so happy I found this thing, its nice to start to get your life back on a more positive track. Now I can just park this guy at a friends place, away from any harm, buckle down till thanksgiving break, then body time!

Anyways I'm off to tear into this site, so much good info! Thanks for everyones opinions on the pre-purchase, I really appreciate it!

Oh and I love the fact that it has a metal bed, perfect for my KTM!

Pics

solid

Here are some shots of the rust, any advice as to what parts to get for replacement?

Thats about it, just the passenger side kick panel and front of the passenger fender. The windshield line on the inside of the truck is rusted pretty bad. On the outside its been sealed with some form of silicone. How would I tackle that?

brendonak is offline   Reply With Quote