The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
19GMC63

finally some progress

I finally got my T5 in, allowing me to start on the interior. Overall, the swap wasn't bad at all, I forgot to get good pics of the swap though. But I used my 4 spd. mechanical clutch bellhousing, so that made things a lot easier; all I had to change was the clutch (zoom 11"). I modified a tranny crossmember for the tailhousing mount. Had a custom driveshaft made also (ended up being 58" I believe). This swap was definitely worth the effort and money... it's like night and day from that old sloppy sm465.

For the shifter, I used a Hurst comp-plus shifter I got on ebay. It's a nice piece, and the throw is super short.

Before laying the carpet, I used a layer of sound deadener on the floors, in the doors, and the back of the cab, and up in the dash as much as I could. I used fatmat...100 sq. ft. did the job. You can find it on ebay. It's tar based, so it's not as effective as dynamat, but the price was nice for this low budget build. You'll see I left the gas tank brakets... I plan on using those as a base for a sub enclosure.

Here's the after pic.... seats are out of a late 90's mercury sable. They fit the floor nicely. I have them wired up too. Column is a 86 or so chevy truck that I used when I did the power steering swap.

The old horn button actually fit! This is only temporary... a new wheel shall be ordered soon.

And next on the to do list is a center console. Right now it's not more than an idea... but I did start on some templates. I plan on going to pull-a-part and scrounging off some cupholders and maybe a console hinge and latch and anything else I might need. I'll probably end up wrapping it in black vinyl.

Last edited by 19GMC63; 10-04-2008 at 07:42 PM.
19GMC63 is offline   Reply With Quote