The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Pics and stories and games, OH MY!

Well everybody loves pictures and stories so I figured I would give y’all something to look at for a minute. I am out driving around all day for my work. I have this one particular customer across town. On the other side of the block from this customer is a nice original looking black 72 CST. Every week when I go to see this customer, I drive a little farther down the road and “rubberneck” at the 72. Anyway, as I was making the circle by the 72 today I see THIS at the neighbor's house! Of course I pull a U-turn and talk to the two guys outside. Here is the story, the guy bought this K5 twenty years or so ago from the original owner. He added a tilt and replaced the driver rocker. Supposedly it is original paint other than the touched up rocker and a repair on the tailgate. (However, after looking at my cell phone pics it looks like the drivers door is a little off color, maybe not). It had factory A/C, single wall top, factory tint, and TOW HOOKS. Anyway, this truck wasn’t spotless, but it was VERY pretty. Its main attribute is by far the tow hooks.

Let’s play a little game. Anybody see any FACTORY options that shouldn’t be on a NON CST truck?…the rallies and bug shield of course are later year/aftermarket and don't count, its harder to spot than than that. Jtrux, you can’t play, I already told you the answer.

By the way, the neighbor said that the black 72 CST across the street could be bought for around $4k. It looks VERY clean and straight. I’m gonna stop and talk to him and see what it’s worth just for the heck of it.
Attached Images

Check it out www.lsdyno.com

Last edited by Critter; 10-06-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote