The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

Sat pics(10-11) A stolen truck and a hot car.

At work I had somebody tell me about a 72 pickup that was for sale that sounded like one of those deals that's to good to be true..... I still had to check it out. I went by where I understood it to be and there it sat.

I couldn't get anyone to come to the door so I went ahead and gave it the old once over. The truck was super straight.

Both inner rockers and cab corners were rust free. The outer rockers just have started to show a couple bubbles and I had no trouble getting a magnet to stick to em anywhere I put it.

Perfect seat, perfect dash pad, tilt, full gauges and the factory radio still in the dash.

Bedfloor and inside walls show use but are solid.

The only filler I could find in the whole truck was a spot about the size of the palm of my hand right below the sidemarker light on the drivers rear.

And a bigfoot pedal!

Well, as you can see by the doors and the rearview mirror the truck turned out to be a 71. Also the price on the sign was higher than what I had been told it could be bought for. Still.......I'm interested. I make a quick stop on the way back home to see one of my buds who has truck fever pretty bad right now. I asked him if he had any $$ for a truck and he said no. After that my wife called (who had been out of town for nearly two weeks) and you can just guess how thrilled she was to hear I might be bringing home another truck if I couldn't find someone else to buy it. I finally get a hold of my lil brother and he said he'd take it if I could get it for what I had heard would buy it earlier in the day.

A couple hours later I swing back by the owners place and get to chat with him. He quoted me a price that was lower than what was on the sign but still not as low as what I had been told from my bud.... So I went ahead and told him the price I had heard and who told me and he bit on it! I told him to pull the sign and give me til Monday when I could go get the cash from my credit union (Lil brother couldn't swing it until his next payday and I didn't want him to lose this deal). At this point I haven't even heard it run! He said it hasn't been driven in two years. He had installed a new cam, lifters, holley avenger carb, mallory billet distributor and hooker super comp headers and said it never ran quite right after that. As a matter of fact he said the engine was making a racket. I didn't care. This truck wouldv'e been a bargain without an engine or transmission at all. I figured it would be a steal if it would crank up and pull itself the couple of miles over to my house. The owner also tells me that he installed a set of the March performance serpentine pulleys. We couldn't crank it due to the battery being dead so I told him we'd be back Friday and to get his paperwork together. Turns out that it's a Texas truck with a texas title. It just keeps getting better!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote