The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
72Subby

Custom glove box door project

While waiting for parts (and money to accumulate) I tackled one of the more fun ideas I've had for my truck... decorating the glove box door.

When I get around to painting the truck I'll paint the original glove box door and probably restore it more or less as original.

But I had some other ideas to try to make my truck more fun so I bought a chrome repro glove box door to play with. I thought about pinstriping it (with my meager pinstriping skills) or a mural (requiring even more talent that I don't have) and then I decided to try something more "arts and crafts"-y - a decopage (applied image) technique.

I collected a bunch of pictures that I thought would be cool, most of them ocean or beach related (I live in CA, I like the ocean, and one (rare, unfotunately) uses of my truck is to visit the ocean for surfing or diving).

Long story short, I found the perfect image that I got personalized by a new friend (in exchange for a donation to her breast cancer charity fundraiser).

I might post more on the "how-to" if interested, but here is the final result.

Enjoy! :-)