The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
gintaras

swimming in a sea of choices.. (engine choices)

So I have an original "survivor" with 68k on the clock and she runs real good, but I want a little more power than the 175 ponies..

There are sooooo many choices out there.. top end kits, stroker kits, crate motors, late model swaps, etc etc..

I know I won't start my project until the spring, but I am been giving it some thought lately and I really don't know where to go with this...

yeah, it would be cool to use the original motor and do a top end kit, and that might also be easier, but I hate to tear into an engine that hasn't been cracked since 1972..

crate motors are fairly cheap, 350 hp for around $3500 ! thats a steal really.

and I already have been lookin into a trans swap, will probably g with a 700r4

but yeah, there are just countless possibilities, engine-wise.. in the long run, I'd like to run a 427 small block out of a z06.. but those are too new and cost mucho $$$$$$

so, can you prod me in the right direction? I am no newbie to power,I have a 12 sec VW (that I will be selling soon) I want to keep it street-able, cruise-able, and the occasional trip to the dragstrip for fun. Basically I want it to be a sleeper, a little lumpy, but rippin fun with some throttle
gintaras is offline   Reply With Quote