The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
sourkraut

frame help??

I have a 67' swb pickup that the frame had rusted thru were the coil springs are mounted. I also have a bed that has rusted sills and had a "repair" of sheet metal over top of the original floor by previous owner. I supported and braced the frame before any repairs were made and took all mesurements. The more I dug the worse it got. I replaced the rusted sections and had to fab new parts to make all repairs. Once all repairs were made I checked and verified all measurements previosly taken before repairs. Everything matched and the frame is level and spot on to original measurements.

The problem is that once the bed is set on it does not line up to the cab and sags in the rear, it did not match up pefectly before repairs either. My question is, can anyone help with frame measurements. I don't know what is off, the frame from rust thru or the bed from poor repairs by previous owner. I know the bed needs work I just want to start in the right place. I don't know which is off if not both. I will post pics of what measurement I need.

I think the frame settled/sagged via frame rought and the bed was then fixed but the floor was not solid and was just "fixed" to the frames new position?

I am tying to keep an original look and did not want to back half the frame or use a rectangle stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortanetly I dont have any of the corect pics I need to show. I have my bed in place and can't take any right now. I will explain as best I can till I can psot correct pics. The first pic I posted are the measurements I need. If you have a straight edge from the rear most mounting point to the forward most mount, not the one on the slope but the camel hump or nearest to frame. The measurement I need is from the top of the straight edge to the top of the frame right above the coil spring mount or directly above the rear-end the flat portion. The back has sagged to the point that this spot is hitting the middle bed sill? Thanks again
Attached Images

Last edited by sourkraut; 10-18-2008 at 09:07 PM.
sourkraut is offline   Reply With Quote