The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
QWYKTRUK

Almost there!

Well, it has been a very long time sice I had QWYKTRUK out on the streets and it will be at least another week. I got the motor back from the builder a couple of months ago and am still making changes to the truck to handle the new bullet. I had it running last week and drove it around the block a couple of times and couldn't nail down why it just sputtered on accel. I finally noticed the float bowls literally draining while I was driving.
So, now I'm finishing up the updated, new fuel system from the tank up to the carbs. You will see the difference in the before and after pics. The hex shaped fitting is actually a "Y" fitting we made and the guage mount fitting is also a custom made part(look in the reflection ) since nobody makes a -10 fitting for that purpose. You can get -8 all day. Also the bracket that the hex piece and the fuel isolators are monted on is a custom piece.
Waiting now until Monday , for the MagnaFuel Pro Star 500 fuel fump to finish it off. Here are some pics:

These are just to show how high the motor sits in the truck(ignore the fender covers)

These are the "before modification" shots

These 3 are the "after " shots - All the brackets, and several of the fittings are custom made.

Here is the fuel tank and fittings( -12 to the pump, -10 to the motor and -8 return line) getting prepped and waiting for the pump.

Here is the oil filter mounted under the radiator mount.

And finally the new tranny crossmember and exhaust system.

I have a few more pics if anyone is interested but the site only allows 10 in a post.

I plan to post a video with a nice burnout as soon as I get it running right.. I hope you guys(and gals) like it so far!

John
QWYKTRUK is offline   Reply With Quote