The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
leddzepp

Question for the options gurus

I have two sets of shoulder harness buckle retainers that mount to the center console for bucket seat trucks. I want people's opinions on which ones are factory correct for a 1972 truck. I purchased the tan boot style holders from a board member who removed them from a 72 Blazer with buckets/console. He also has removed this style personally from 4 other 71-72 Blazers and Suburbans, as well as buying a couple of consoles at swap meets that had the boot style retainers mounted on them. I also have a set of black ones, slightly different in design that I was also told were for 67-72 trucks. According to the parts books and illustrations I have seen, the black ones SHOULD be correct. However, I have never heard from anyone PERSONALLY that has seen them on or removed them from a factory truck console. Given my experience with mis-prints and errors in the books, I am starting to think the book might be wrong?? I really do not know so I am posing the question here on the forum. Shoulder harnesses were a rare option, so I do not have a whole lot to go on. Is it possible GM used both of these styles on our truck consoles? Maybe different years had different styles? The illustrations I saw for the black ones were from a 69 truck parts book. Any experience or help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote