The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
amullis

68 50th Anniv. Edition, How rare are they?

I just found out that I may have made a better purchase than I had originally thought. A few years ago I bought a black 68 short bed that was in pretty good shape. The truck was originally a 6cyl. three spd., converted to 350 and turbo 400. I got the truck home and did the usual tune ups and got the truck running. The owner told me that his uncle had the truck and did not like the gold paint and the white interior so he had it painted black and put black intierior in it. I did not think any thing of it at the time but recently found out that it has option 551, which makes it a 50th anniversary truck. My question is, Just how rare are these trucks? I am thinking about painting it back the original color and putting the original interior in it. I have found a great deal on a 396 and turbo 400 for the truck and am thinking about swaping it in. Someone give me some thoughts!!! I hope to be able to post some pics in the near future.
Thanks, AMullis
amullis is offline   Reply With Quote