The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
Bald Menace

71 BB swb GMC questions

Hey guys
I am looking at a 71 GMC swb 2wd with a 402 and have a few questions about the GMC's .

i had a 71 chevy swb a few years ago and it had the trailing arm rear suspension. this gmc has leaf springs. just wondering if leaf springs are more desireable and are they easier to lower than the other style? seems to me leaf springs would be heavier which isnt necessarily better. can the truck be converted to trailing arms and coil springs very easily?

truck appears to have an early grill assy with the single headlights. didn't the GMC's have dual headlights?

The guy is asking 6K for the truck and a boatload of extra parts including new bumpers,all new trim still in packages. extra sheet metal. truck has a healthy 402, th400 and a 12 bolt rear. has those funky bucket seats with built in center console. aftermarket wheels. so far i dont find any rust.. any opinions?
Bald Menace is offline   Reply With Quote