The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
grant's72

Finely my own build thread

hello im not new but i have never formerly introduced myself i guess. i live in south west Iowa, so hello to all the Iowa brothers. this is my story. I started this project when i was 13 then kinda got side tracked but now it has all changed. Im a senior in high school and i have a class that lets you work for half the day and go to school the other. so my boss was nice enough to let me work on my truck during this time. it started out as a 72 long box nothing special farm truck, I bought off the original owner that could not drive any more and was heading for the nursing home. it is now going to be a short box fleet side 2 wheel drive. the engine is the original but was built into a 383 and is waiting for the day it goes in. in order to make it into a short box i bought a frame instead of cutting up the old one. the frame and cab were just sand blasted about a week ago and yesterday i sprayed the frame with epoxy primer. i know this is not all the story but there is more to come.. pictures are coming so stay tuned and i hope u like it
grant's72 is offline   Reply With Quote