The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
Green77c10

straight six head conversion project

So I bought my '77 chevy stepside, c10 2wd and my biggest complaint about the vehicle is the integral cylinder head. It makes a lot of stuff on that engine harder to get too, take twice as long, and not to mention, NO AFTERMARKET PARTS. Now being a 19 year old male that loves to tinker, modify, and make things better in general, that will not do. So I started shopping the junk yards to try and find parts to change it to the standard, earlier style head. After about a month of looking I found a 76 with a cylinder head in good shape, and a header for it to boot! But no intake. I finally rounded up an intake manifold last week, and I'm getting itchy to start. I got my pay pal pending to get the new power steering brackets that will fit it, thanks to Redden05.

The heads off getting resurfaced, and the header is with one of my buddies who is going to do a little work on it (a couple minor dents, and sandblasting). I should have taken pics for a good before and after comparison.

I'm not the most mechanical person, and I'm young and inexperienced so it should make for a fun time. I'll keep this thread updated with pics and such of the project.
Green77c10 is offline   Reply With Quote