The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
no_gas_65

Its a long way to the top, if you want to rock & roll

Whats up everyone, my name is Cory, and im going to write a little about my truck. My truck, has brought me joy and good times () but more importantly I have found a new passion for wrenching on my ride.

This will be a build thread / journal for my truck and any other thoughts I have.

Originally I purchased my truck on craigslist, with intention of having a bada$$ motorcycle hauler. After I drove it around, (my first american sb v8) it was a feeling of love. I consider myself lucky to have purchased my truck semi built up. A little bodywork was done, it was half primer half rust. I took the truck to a small metal yard where one guy did all my bodywork + installed a CPP gas tank and painted the truck a nice 2 tone (70 something vette blue / custom cream). she needs a color sand and a few coats of clear to be on point... ok, to the fun stuff. about 2 weeks ago I drove down to the CPP showroom and purchased the lowering + handling kit, 2/3 drop. I want to slam the truck on air ride but that will come later in life. here are some pics.

parts

rear end

19gal. allum gas tank

rear shocks&springs installed

adj. trackbar

simple bolt on stuff is satisfying for the novice builder, and yes the rear bumper is upside down, sporty? i think so, I'm getting tired of the look and I'm going to flip it in the near future. The rear tires are soo close to the inner walls, they are 275s so I need spacers or some metal work done to tub out the fenders. I was think I could tub the fenders and do the bed at the same time to save headache down the road. Next swap meet i'll be looking for caps & rings or new rallies all together.

Please ask questions and pick my brain if i cant come up with an answer I'll have learned something from you asking. have a good day and happy Halloween!
no_gas_65 is offline   Reply With Quote