The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
dmc1
"I'm Walking Deadman's Drive!"

Angry DMV Experiences

What kind of experiences have you had with the DMV while trying to obtain a title? Here's mine: I bought a truck from a guy in pieces, literally pieces, boxes of them. The truck is completely disassembled, cab removed, bed, etc. Before I spend any money on the truck I wanted to get the truck in my name. When I went to the DMV and told them I only wanted a title so I could start the rebuild they told me they could not give me a title as the truck was in pieces. They told me that the truck would have to be assembled so they could verify the numbers. The first lady I spoke to even told me it had to have the original engine. I told her the original engine was long gone and that the VIN number was attached to the cab anyway. She said ok and told me I could contact an inspector with the state who would come to my residence and verify the VIN against the title I got from the person I bought the truck from. When I contacted them they told me the same thing about the truck had to be complete and that I had to bring it to the DMV so someone could verify the numbers. The lady even told me they would not climb on the trailer to look at number. I told her she would not have to climb on the trailer as the number was in the door jamb. Can you imagine the disgust I have at this point? I almost went home loaded up my junk and took it to the scrap yard. So now I'm spending my time to 'reassemble" the truck to make it look like it is a complete truck so I can go back and stand in line again, only to be sent away again probably. Any suggestions or just comments?
DMC1
dmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote