The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Am I being to picky?

I was looking at ebay auctions and ran across a set of what was advertised as NOS 67-72 full size hubcaps. I clicked on the auction only to find out that they are 73 and later. As most of know the 67-68 full caps are different (black with red bowtie in center and no center piece), 69-72 have the blue bowtie and ring in the center piece, while the 73 and later have the yellow bowtie and ring painted in the center piece. To the sellers credit, once notified, he added that these hubcaps were not used in 67-68. Then someone else must have contacted him to tell him that they are correct for 73 and later trucks and not the 69-72 because of the color of the bowties. Because his reply to that was:

"Please note - I received an E-Mail from another Ebay member stating these are correct caps for the year 1973 and up! - They pointed out that 67-72 caps have a blue center - not yellow. For you 100% purists out there please check your application before bidding. Thanks for the info."

To me that is like trying to pass off a van tilt as a truck tilt!! Yes you can alter something a little to make it work, but the bottom line is it's a van tilt!!
Again to this sellers credit when notified what it was he had he came right out and posted it on his auction, but it is still the sellers responsibility to know what it is that he is selling. Also what does this have to do with being a purest? They are what they are and purism doesn't have anything to do with it.

Now I sell stuff on ebay from time to time, and sometimes I am unsure of it's correct application. But if I don't know for sure what it is I am selling or what it's application is I say so up front!! I advertise it as what I think it is for and state in the auction that I am not positive about it, then I leave it to the bidder to decide.

Now I haven't said anything to the bidder and I am not even going to post a link to the auction because even I think that maybe I am just being too picky..... But I would still like your guy's thoughts on this. Sorry for the long post and maybe I just have too much time on my hands today...LOL WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote