The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
69ShortStep

Need Help - Blinker Problem ( Daily Driver )

Hey Guys,

Starting looking into a this problem last night. All blinkers work except for the the right rear blinker and brake light. The running light works for the right rear but nothing else. The front right blinker works and the right indicator light on the dash works but not for the right rear.

Using a multimeter, when I put the right blinker on, there is no power at the right rear light. I switched tail lamp assemblies and the right lamp works. I unplugged the rear harness and tested the plug at the end of the chassis and found no power. Went to the firewall and uplugged the rear harness and found no power. Got under the dash and cleaned the U connector but still have no power when using the right blinker. At that point I ran out of time.

When I turn on the flashers or left blinker there is power to half of the connectors ( red below) at the firewall and rear harness at the rear of the chassis.

==>| |
=>__ __

Not sure where to go from here. Was thinking about pulling the wheel and checking the turn signal switch. Any help would be appreciated as I want to get this fixed quickly.

Last edited by 69ShortStep; 11-05-2008 at 06:32 AM.
69ShortStep is offline   Reply With Quote