The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
jlmerie

1977 Cheyenne

I stopped by one of the local junk yards today while I was looking for some parts. I saw something that I think is pretty rare (not desireable). They had a 1977 Cheyenne step side long box. I was looking at it first to see the yellow painted trim around the back of the cab. There was not any of the special 1977 only yellow trim on the bed or tailgate. As I looked closer, there was some side trim on the cab and front clip but it was different than what I have seen before. It was a thin metal channel with a rubber strip down the center. It wrapped around the side of the cab onto the back of the cab. It appeared to be held in place by rivets. However, it looked very well done. It did not look like a cheesey add on. I don't know how they handled the side trim on short steppers let alone long steppers. Does anyone know? I will be going back in a couple of days and I will take my camera with me and get some pictures.