The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Who would have thunk it?

Today my friend, Brother's69C-10, called me up to see if I wanted to go look at a 68 step side. He came and got me and we went and checked it out. Boy was it a POS. It is a 6cyl truck, 4 speed, no options, and needs every panel besides the grill and hood. LOL Anyway we went and got some lunch and afterwards he wanted to drive me by where he spotted some 67-72 parts. We drove out there and the cabs were visible from the road. Today it is rainy and snowy so we will have to go knock on doors later. A few miles down the road we spotted a 1968 4x4. It appeared to be the same colors as the anniversary edition too. We decided to go check out another spot I knew of that used to have a couple 70-72's in it. As we are driving out there I spotted a 70-72 4x4 sitting in a farmer's yard next to a bin. We'll have to go back later on that one too! LOL Well we get to the place that had all the other stuff, and it was all gone! The guy must have passed away and someone must of had an auction. We were going to go turn around and Matt spotted an old 73 up style truck. Sure enough it was a crew cab that looked like it could have been a 4x4. Now mind you this place is in the sticks, the house is junk and has been abanded for years. We pulled into the driveway and what is sitting there but a 71-72 C-10. We backed out and decided to see if we could find any neighbors that were home to see if they know who owns this stuff. No luck. As we were driving back we noticed another abandon house on that same property. I had him pull off the road and I told him we would walk up through the corn field to see what the crew cab was. It was junk. LOL No luck there. Only thing of use may be the tilt column. And no 4x4 but it used to be a big block truck. So I decided to walk down and peek through the windows on the 71-72. Holy crap! It has an air cab, a tilt column, wood grain bezel, and has some 454 emblems on the front fenders. This is a 5 lug truck and a lwb. We didn't open doors or hood but i peeked through the inner fender and sure enough it has a big block. It has some outlaw II type aluminum wheels and has it's share of cancer. I am now on the hunt to find the owners to find out if this thing can be saved. LOL Oh yeah, right behind it sits a 3/4 ton 4x4 frame for a 68-72. It has an eaton rear and big hub D44 with the lock outs still there. Man who would have known all this stuff was just 15 miles from home! LOL
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote