The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

Another(bondo) C.L. disappointmnt....

In my search for a decent cab for the '68, i went & looked at a truck almst 2 hrs away. They guy said it had "some bondo" on it, but the cab was in good shape. Well, after seeing this truck, maybe there should be some type of Bondo test or license.....even a 4hr certification class for god's sake! There had to be several gallons of the stuff liberally applied & smoothed out with their hands. The door handles had been removed & filled(yes you had to reach in thru the vent window to open the door), the dash pad holes were all filled in with a lumpy finish, the cargo light & all side markers filled and cracking. Underneath all that was a gaudy color of ......yes.....PURPLE!
I just had to walk away, even though the price was in my range. If anyone wants a short rolling frame with 5 lug disc near Knoxville he is asking $400 for the whole truck:http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/905205467.html

The owner bought it that way for the parts he was going to put on a '72, but never got around to it.

On the bright side, gas is down & i got to get rid of the flat spots on my 20' beaver tail trailer

RD

Last edited by MotorSeven; 11-09-2008 at 08:10 PM.
MotorSeven is offline   Reply With Quote