The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
nelile

Hello from Japan

Hello all, im Nick...Im currently stationed in Okinawa, JP wth the Marine corps...im originally from Pueblo, CO, and will return their one day..lol

About 3 months ago I inherited a 1970 chevy side step pick up that me and my step dad have been working on for the past few years...Iplan on completly restoring it in his memory when i return to colorado, buti have two years here so i jsut plan on buying alot of parts for it so when i get home i can begin my project.

It was originally an old DOT truck, my step dad picked up at the aution for very cheap, i wanna say $500, it has the 5.7 350, we have added headers and 24in cherry bombs, i plan on stroking the motor and producing as much horses as i can with out a blower or supercharger. we have dropped the truck, it sits about 2-3 off the ground, unfortunitly we did it the old school way and just cut the springs so you can imagine what the ride is like, i want to keep the stance it is at, but put a whole new suspension system on it for a smooth ride. Its painted a bright sky blue color with red pinstripe flames, it was a paint job done in the garage of my step dads friends house and it is already fading and starting to crack from the sun, so im definitly gonna strip it down and repaint it back to that color. The interior is all painted the same blue and the bench seat has been done to match it. I will be adding carpet and headliners and some customizations to the dash.
nelile is offline   Reply With Quote