The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

We need more good people like Dan Foust

I have to take a minute to let you know that there truly are still honorable people in the world. His handle on here is "bigdon-70blazer". His name is Don Foust. I have been looking for Cheyenne headliner trim for my nephew's 72 Cheyenne for over a year now. I know we can buy repro for $100, but he is in high school and only has a limited budget. I posted a "wanted" ad on here for some original trim. Don replied that he knew where to find some in a local wrecking yard, and that he only wanted what he would have to give for it. After I went over how to get it out without breaking it, Don sent me not only the trim, but a nice original black headliner as well. Don said he only gave $5 for all this! He also said shipping was $17, which seems cheap for something this big. How much did Don as for?

Wait for it...

wait...

$25!!!

I gladly sent him a check. He did all this for $3!!! He never asked that I sent payment first! Even I can say that I have become jaded to the point that I am hesitant to do this for a stranger. Most of you know that he could have easily gotten $100+ for all this. (too late now, Don HAHA!) I have a guy in Indiana (not on this forum) who has had my $105 for a tailgate since Sept (EBAY) and still no tail gate. That is what differentiates guys like Don, a true gentleman and good person to have in your corner, versus thieving scum bags on the net! Thanks again, Don. Let me know if I can ever help you out.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote