The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
mbc9ieII

307 carb question with my set up ...... have i accomplished anything?

I know that the 307 is limited to its performance. I also know that there is only so much that can be done with them. Its a '69 C10 307 3 speed. It was my grand fathers truck. I kind of wanted to keep it stock, but make it mine in the same way. I am jsut curious to see if i have actually accomplished anything with my engine modifications. i rebuilt the 307, threw in a 480 lift cam, eldebrock high rise intake with an inch spacer, '91 350 vortec heads (i think there Vortec they came off a 91 350 out of a suburban) longtube headers, 2 1/2 ich exhaust exiting in front of the back tires. The big question is, what carb do i need? i can get my hands on a 750 and de-jet it, but dont want it to run to lean, and a 650 that needs rebuilding.

What carb size do you guys recomend?

I am also curious to see if i have accomplished anything by the modifications. I will probably change motors eventually but for now, i wanted to keep it close to what it was.

does anyone run a set up like mine, what kind of HP does my set up make. Any info let me know.
mbc9ieII is offline   Reply With Quote