The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
84 400
Sb 400 club

Talking 4x4 movement issues.

Well since my brother has been driving he has mainly used the tahoe. Because both my brothers attend the local high school it is cheaper to have them drive together then it is to pay for the two bus passes. Anyways things have worked out all right but now that winter is coming my dad needs to put the Mazda (99 miata) up and does not want to rely on my brother to pick him up from the train. He is now looking for a cheap beater to drive to and from the train station and i didi some searching. My dad is opting to get a beater because our family deiced it would be better to have my brothers in the safer vehicle with air bags and the like. Don't worrie the tahoe is not my brothers vehicle just his transport too and from school.

Well I found a 77 k 10 on for 500 OBO. I have been wanting an old chevy to wheel and this just seems like a good way to get something we both want. It is an old beat up farm truck with a v8 4x4 stepside bed and is the lovely lime metalic green color which i actually like. This would not be a resto or project truck. Just something for my dad to drive to the train and be reliable. then come spring a mild lift and do some wheeling

Well before I go check it out here is the snag... when the truck was parked the owner shifted the T case into neutral. Now the truck will not move under its own power even tho the T case is shifting. It has an auto trans as well. I am not very frimilar with GM t cases and do not know which this truck has. I am guessing it is a chain drive NP unit??? IS this common issues? I have heard that sometimes dragging the truck forward can help it to re engauge. To me it sounds like the tranny went but this is all the info I have to go on.

Any help would be great. I plan to take a look at it sometime next week
Attached Images

1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote