The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
LockDoc
The Older Generation

The 71 Was Delivered Today

-
The guy I bought the 71 from delivered it this morning. The first pic shows it still on the trailer, the second shows the interior before I took the parts out of it, the third is the interior after removing the parts and cleaning it up, fourth is a shot of the bed floor, and five is the dash. The truck is actually better than I thought. When I looked at it the cab and bed were full of parts and there was no room to take them out to get a better look. All I could do was move stuff around to try and check it out. I didn't mention it in the original thread (actually I wasn't sure I believed him), but the guy I bought the truck from told me a story about the bed being taken off of a truck when it was new (not this truck) and stored in a warehouse and a flatbed put in it's place. Well after removing all of the parts from the bed and cleaning it up there is not much doubt in my mind that the story is true. That is not rust in the bed it is dirty spots and most of it washed out. I think DieselWrencher is going to stop by tomorrow so I will have him check it out and post his thoughts on it. The tailgate is really nice but I don't think it is the one that originally came with this bed. I had to hand wash the truck in the shop because the PO had to drive through some snow and salted interstate to get here, so the truck had a haze of salt spray on it. I don't have time to take it into the car wash and pressure wash it before we leave for Texas on Monday so I will have to do it when I come back. I will start the rebuild when we get back from TX on the 7th of Dec..

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote