The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
mischiefse7en

first post, not really a WIW, but is it worth it?

the WIW section moves kinda slow, so Im looking for some opinions kinda quick so I can make my move...Now the details

Ive been looking for a 67-72 truck and this one is about right at the top of my budget to start a build, but it seems a pretty decent starting place.

So here's the ad:

Quote:
68 Chevy longbed, 6 lug rally wheels. Automatic Trans, Runs Strong, has cam, aluminum intake, headers. Engine, trans(TH350) and rear are good. New Starter. Truck runs and drives straight. This truck is a PROJECT and needs some work and TLC. Truck has some holes in floors, but patchpanels on Ebay are about 40-60 dollars to fix it. Has blue paint job, not nice but looks OK from a few feet away. This is a good beginner hot-rod, or fixer upper. Has a current state inspection It is not a show truck so dont come and look at it and say it is not what I said.
and the pic:

Ive been to look at it, and driven it. And just from eyeballing, off the top of my head, here's what I believe needs to be fixed:
*new hood (stock has a dent right in the top-middle)

*new bumper (original is rusted)

*grill trim (not there)

*cab trim ( not there)

*cab floor (rusted through, about the size of a foot, where your left foot would go if it was flat on the floor)

*interior door panels (none there)

*gas pedal (not there)

*speedometer (cable needs replaced maybe?)

* rear bumper (original is rusted)

*heater core (original is busted)

and some other odds and ends im sure, but the engine bay, cab corners, doors and fenders are pretty solid. Tailgate is dented a little, and the bed needs minor patching but it's pretty solid also. Looks like it may have been partially restored a while back and never finished.

He wants $1700 firm for it...comments?

Last edited by mischiefse7en; 11-23-2008 at 05:03 PM.
mischiefse7en is offline   Reply With Quote