The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
JeepGuy

2WD Front Suspension Question

Hello Guys!
Wanted to ask a quick question about my front suspension. I have a 1969 C10 2WD LWB that is all stock. It has 225s on stock 15 inch wheels. It has the original shocks on it from what I can tell and they are worn slam out.

I want to buy new wheels and tires for it and I would like to go with a more level stance. It sags really low in the front even though it only has the I6 in it.

Is there a kit I can buy to level the front end? I put a leveling kit on my 99 Tahoe but it uses torsion bars to do this. Is there a bigger coil I can buy or a coil spacer that will give me an inch or two to level out the front end.

I used a jack to raise it up to the desire height and I really like the way it looks. I am sure it will hold a good 31 or 32 inch tire up front and the rear will not have an issue.

Any thoughts or guys that have done anything similar to this would be greatly appreciated!!! I have all 4 of my brakes working now. I replaced all of the hard lines and master cylinder. It was quite the job but now I can stop my buddy finally. I bought all my stuff from Atheys and he was a great guy and very helpful. Thanks to this site for pointing me in the right direction to him for parts!!

Jay
2007 Honda Accord SE 4 door I4 (Wifey)
JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote